The Successful Panel Member must:
- Be at least 25 years old
- Be available to attend half day court sessions on Wednesdays, during business hours.
- Not have a conflict of interest with another agency involved in foster care
- Successfully pass a background check
- Prepare in advance by reading reports
- Attend a training program which meets on three half days, in addition to observing court reviews for 2 additional half days
- Attend a minimum of four educational trainings annually which are offered on the 3rd Tuesday of specified months from 5:30-7:00 pm.
- Hear testimony in court
- Do not get involved in individual case management, nor do they have on-going direct contact with children or their families
- Make recommendations which become orders of the court
- Sign and agree to a confidentiality agreement
Application Form Confidentiality Agreement Background Check Form